View this page for updates on continuing education information
12.5 CME- Physicians (ACCME)
11.5 CNE- Nurses (ANCC)
11.5 CE- Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
1.15 CEU- Occupational Therapists (AOTA)
1.38 CEU- Physical Therapists/ Physical Therapist Assistants (NYPT)
Acknowledgement of Financial Commercial Support
No financial commercial support was received for the educational activity provided at this event.
Acknowledgement of In-Kind Commercial Support
No in-kind commercial support was received for the educational activity provided at this event.
Participants must complete an evaluation to receive a certificate of completion. Your chosen sessions must be attended in their entirety. Partial credit of individual sessions is not available. If you are seeking continuing education credit for a specialty not listed below, it is your responsibility to contact your licensing/certification board to determine course eligibility for your board requirement.
Physicians / Nurses
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Amedco LLC and American Medical Rehabilitation Providers. Amedco LLC is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Credit Designation Statement – Amedco LLC designates this live activity for a maximum of 12.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM for physicians and 11.5 contact hours for nurses. Learners should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
All CME activities must adhere to the ACCME’s content validation requirements. If/when any specific recommendations involving clinical medicine in a CME activity are made, they must be based on evidence that is accepted within the profession of medicine as adequate justification for their indications and contraindications in the care of patients. All scientific research referred to, reported or used in CME in support or justification of a patient care recommendation must conform to the generally accepted standards of experimental design, data collection and analysis. In addition, all CME presentations must avoid commercial bias. All presenters must use the required disclosure slide that names any financial relationships or discussion of unlabeled/investigational uses of a medicine or device.
Health Care Executives
AMRPA is authorized to award 11.5 hours of pre-approved ACHE Qualified Education credit for this program toward advancement, or recertification, in the American College of Healthcare Executives. Participants in this program who wish to have the continuing education hours applied toward ACHE Qualified Education credit must self-report their participation. To self-report, participants must log into their MyACHE account and select “My Education Credit” to log hours earned.
The American Occupational Therapy Association, Inc.
This conference has been approved for 1.15 AOTA CEU. (11.5 contact hours) The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA. AMRPA is approved AOTA Provider #6595.
Calculate CEUs using the following 2-step formula:
1. Contact Hours = (total minutes for learning activity - meals, breaks, other non-educational time) ÷ 60 minutes
2. CEUs = contact hours ÷ 10 hours
Target Audience: Physicians, Nurses, Healthcare Executives, Occupational Therapists and Physical Therapists
Educational Level: Various
AOTA Classification Code: Various
Additional information, including educational level and AOTA classification codes, are available along with the session descriptions and learning objectives for each session here as well as the conference app.
Monday Session Abstracts, Tuesday Session Abstracts, Wednesday Session Abstracts, Poster Presentation Abstracts
New York State Board of Physical Therapy
AMRPA has been approved as a registered sponsor of continuing education for physical therapists and physical therapist assistants by the New York State Education Department Office of the Professions. This event has been approved for 11.5 contact hours. (1.38 CEU)
Calculate CEUs using the following 2-step formula:
1. Contact Hours = 50 minutes ( Thus 1 clock hour would by 60 minutes ÷ 50 minutes = 1.2 contact hours.)
2. CEUs = contact hours ÷ 10 hours
Participants are responsible for ensuring that their state board will accept credits approved by another state for re-licensure.
The Following states accept another states approval:
AK, AR, AZ, DC, DE, GA, HI, ID, IN, KS, MI, MO, MS, OR, RI, SC, VA, VT, WI, WY
The following states do not require pre-approval:
AL, IA, ME, NH, VA (for type 2 courses), UT, WA
The following states do not require CEU’s for re-licensure:
MA, ME, SD
ASHA CE Statement
Effective 06/05/17, AMRPA will no longer be an ASHA CEU Provider. Members will no longer be able to submit their CEU’s to ASHA for their approval of our programs, but will still earn Continuing Education credits for all AMRPA Educational activities. You will claim your CEU’s and receive a Certificate through AMRPA as you always have. AMRPA’s Educational activities are accepted by most state licensing boards. Please check your state’s licensing rules.
Disclosure of Conflict of Interest
The following table of disclosure information is provided to learners and contains the relevant financial relationships that each individual in a position to control the content disclosed to Amedco. All of these relationships were treated as a conflict of interest, and have been resolved. (C7 SCS 6.1--‐6.2, 6.5) All individuals in a position to control the content of CE are listed. If they are not listed below, they disclosed that they had no relevant financial relationships.
Cancellation notices should be sent to Julia Scott at email@example.com. Cancellations received before August 1, 2018 will receive a refund, minus a $100 cancellation fee. After August 1, 2018, a cancellation fee of $200 or 50% of registration paid, whichever is greater, will be charged and any balance refunded. If the registration amount paid is less than or equal to $200, no refund will be given. No refunds will be issued after September 1, 2018, or for no-shows. Registrations may be substituted for another staff member within your organization.
If you require special assistance to register for an event or access online content, please contact Samantha Schwarz at firstname.lastname@example.org (or 202-207-1132) at AMRPA Education Headquarters to inform us of your special needs.
AMRPA will comply with all legal and ethical responsibilities to be non-discriminatory in promotional activities, program content and in the treatment of program participants. The monitoring and assessment of compliance with these standards will be responsibility of the Education Director in consultation with the Education Chair and clinical director from committee. We do our best to anticipate problems and, when they do present themselves, will attempt to alleviate complaints as quickly as possible. When a complaint, either verbally or written, is received, the following guidelines are followed with respect to achieving resolution:
(1) Complaints relative to a speaker or workshop leader, contents of instructional materials being presented, or an individual educational style being utilized, the individual voicing disapproval is requested to place his/her comments in writing. An AMRPA representative will convey these comments to the speaker, assuring the confidentiality of the grieved individual.
(2) If the complaint concerns a continuing education activity, its content, level of presentation, or facilities in which the event is being held, the representative in charge will attempt to resolve the matter as expeditiously as possible. If the offered resolution (resolutions offered may include, but not be limited to partial/full refund of registration fees paid; credit toward future event) not satisfactory to the individual filing the complaint, then further action may be taken as follows. (3) The individual is requested to place his/her complaint in writing to the attention of the Education Director, American Medical Rehabilitation Providers Association 529 14th Street NW, Washington, DC 20045. The complaint is then reviewed by the Education Director in consultation with the Clinical Director and Education Advisor. A written response will be issued within 30 days of receipt of the written complaint.
- Information for Learners. Information on needs, expected results, and purpose or objectives will be provided to learners by AMRPA. These will be framed in terms of physician change or health status improvement which is in keeping with our CME mission.
- Content Validation. AMRPA expects that all of its CME activities will adhere to the ACCME’s content validation value statements. Specifically, all the recommendations involving clinical medicine in a CME activity must be based on evidence that is accepted within the profession of medicine as adequate justification for their indications and contraindications in the care of patients. All scientific research referred to, reported or used in CME in support or justification of a patient care recommendation must conform to the generally accepted standards of experimental design, data collection and analysis. Please contact AMRPA if you do not feel your presentation can meet these standards.
- Safeguards against Commercial Bias. AMRPA expects that the content or format of CME activities and related materials will promote improvements or quality in healthcare and not a specific proprietary business interest of a commercial interest. We employ several strategies to ensure the absence of commercial bias and you are integral to their successful implementation.
- We also remind you that CME must give a balanced view of therapeutic options. Use of generic names will contribute to this impartiality. If your CME educational material or content includes trade names, trade names from several companies should be used where available, not just trade names from a single company.
- We will be disclosing to our learners before the activity whether or not you have relevant financial relationships. If, on the basis of the information you provide, we determine that you have relevant financial relationships with commercial interests that create a conflict of interest with respect to your role in this activity, together we will determine and document a strategy or strategies to resolve that conflict of interest.
- Measurements of Effectiveness. AMRPA will be seeking feedback from the learners on the effectiveness of this CME activity through evaluations. We will be seeking information on what changes the learners will make as a result of the presentations (oral and posters).
- Educational Materials. Educational materials that are a part of this activity, such as slides and published abstracts cannot contain any advertising, trade names, or product-group messages.
If you have any questions relating to continuing education credits or guidelines, please feel free to conact Melanie Hein, AMRPA Education Administrator, at email@example.com (or 847-686-2325)
Session Evaluation and Continuing Education Certificates
AMRPA conference session evaluations are electronic. After the conference, you will receive an email with a link to the evaluation system within 1 week. Click on that link to evaluate each session you attended. After you have completed the session evaluations, you will be able to immediately print your CE Certificate. The evaluation system automatically calculates your credit. If you miss evaluating a session you attended, you will be a credit short. If you registered for the conference on site, you will receive the link and instructions within 3 weeks of the end of the conference.
Credit is only given to attendees who successfully complete and evaluate the entire course. The maximum contact hours you can earn is 12.5.
Contact a member of the AMRPA team for questions and assistance!
|General Conference Inquiries
|Continuing Education Credits
|Exhibitor & Sponsorship
||Member Services Coordinator